Caution: Marriage And Children
Marriage and children is something a couple should discuss BEFORE they get married. This is a major decision so it must be made very clear between both parties. Otherwise, if one or the other goes into marriage thinking they’re going to have a big family, some day it may end in divorce. There’s no maybe on this one so you need to be sure.
Some think marriage and children go hand in hand, especially Christians, this is because the Bible says to be fruitful and multiply it also states that children are a gift and a blessing from God. Others, well, they make decisions based on their priorities.
For example, look at the reasons couples have who don’t want children:
1. Career – Having children will keep them from climbing the corporate ladder.
2. Money – Kids cost money and lots of it.
3. Peace – Let’s face it, kids are noisy and there’s no quiet to be had if you have them.
4. Travel – No, you just can’t pack up and leave when you have kids.
5. Personal time – No time for themselves or alone time with their spouse.
6. Freedom – They fear losing freedom to do what they want when they want.
7. Responsibility – Kids are a HUGE responsibility they don’t want.
There are more, but these are the big ones. If you aren’t married, but thinking about it, then you need to think long and hard on the topic of marriage and children then discuss it with your fiance. Be certain when you make a decision that you will not change your mind or else there could be serious problems in the marriage. If you want more advice on this topic join our community chat room and speak with our experts.